My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Wednesday 26 May 2010

Triple Chocolate Truffle Trifle!

Yep, what a mouthful - that's what we were serving at a function at work last night! Anyway, I thought I'd better let you know how things are progressing. The calf turned out to be alright and so I managed a session on Monday. I also spoke to my Dad's friend, who is an orthopedic surgeon, but is also trained in physiotherapy. He reckoned it was just bad circulation and recommended some compression socks. I therefore put my compression socks on for Monday's session in a hope that they would improve things, but they made it worse instead; they must be too small! Apart from my legs feeling dead, I had a good session - it was the 4 blocks of 10 minutes off 2 minutes recovery.
1. 6:36/mile.
2. 6:52/mile.
3. 6:58/mile.
4. 6:48/mile.
Overall not bad times to say it was all off road on fields in very hot conditions with lots of hills chucked in! I came back and ordered some Skins Compression Socks which have come today and feel much better, nowhere near as tight and much more comfy, so I will be trying them out today.
Yesterday was a steady 6.5 miles on the cross trainer to try and get some real climbing strength in the legs - I felt really good and felt to really go well on Level 15 (the hardest!). Today I have my KM Rep session in my new socks and new road racers. Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment