My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Thursday 6 May 2010

How long will this thing linger around?

I'm getting worried now. I've had this flu for a week now and yet I don't feel ill or anything. I just have coughing fits and now have a seriously banging headache. Do I stop training or, based on the fact that I feel completley fine, carry on training? Today I did the latter and went for another 1k rep session, this time with 4 efforts and into a strong headwind.
1st effort: 3:35 - nice and strong.
2nd effort: 3:36 - another nice one; thinking of going for the full 6.
3rd effort: 3:34 - a rapid last lap gives me a nice consistent result.
4th effort: 3:40 - I begin to die, coughing as I do so. Nothing left.
Not bad results but I still don't feel completley right at all. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Feeling pretty down about things at the moment. Training was going so well and now it feels as though it's all going to pot. Sedbergh 1 week away and I'm stuck wondering if I should train or not. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment