My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Wednesday 5 May 2010

Maybe getting there?

Today I've decided this cold had had its fun and I was prepared to put up with its affects to get running again. I had my mind set on a km rep session, but I didn't want to put too much strain on it by doing the 6 whole efforts, which would be too much too soon. I decided therefore to do 3 reps on the track at school at a pace I could handle, without pushing things too much. The reps went as so:
1. 3:26 for the km. A good start, felt a little fast and cold feels as though it has taken a bit out of me. More in the tank but won't be as fast.
2. 3:33 for the km. Much more comfortable, restrained pace. Just wanted to finish with a reasonable effort.
3. 3:32 for the km. Not a bad finish, very comfortable once again. Without the cold I felt I could have gone faster and for longer.
So, an average of 3:30 - 35 minute 10k pace, on a grass track! Although roads aren't perfectly flat, the surface is faster so the times set bode well for that target. A good re-introduction after some tough times over the past few days. I needed a nice few miles in the tank, so 3 of the slowest I've ever done on the cross trainer helped me warm down. Please be completley gone tomorrow cold so I can do a full session?

No comments:

Post a Comment