My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Sunday 7 March 2010

You can tell you've had a hard race when...

You feel knackered on the recovery run that follows the day after!
Today it was all about flushing the legs out after yesterday's efforts to set me up for a solid week's training with no interruptions race-wise. It would have been very naive of me to run at Cautley today as, although it may have felt good had I ran well, I probably would have been too fatigued to get a good week in before tapering for English Schools. In hindsight, I think I may well have been well down the field at Cautley anyway based on how I felt on a recovery run, never mind a race!
Another beautiful day today weather wise; glorious sunshine and although a little chilly, there was no wind whatsoever. I couldn't wait to get out there this morning and enjoy lovely weather and scenery. Although I enjoyed the scenery, the same cannot be said for the run. I felt dead, low in energy and sluggish. This can of course be put down to the sheer amount of energy expended yesterday. In the end, I cut it short of the intended hour, clocking up a worthwhile 50 minutes or so and 6 miles in the process. Very slow but exactly what the doctor ordered and I will no doubt feel much better tomorrow now I have had a proper warm down.
The week ahead will be a tough'un which will hopefully see me hit the 30 mile mark. I may get out tomorrow for half an hour or so, hopefully a little more brisk than today, but the real training will be on Wednesday and Friday. Don't be surprised to see another couple of 'double dosages' on both those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment