My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Wednesday 24 March 2010

I needed a response...

And I didn't get one. Well, not quite.
Today was School Cross Country and I felt good pre-race. It was a very short race, only 2 and a 1/4 miles which wouldn't suit me but I still gave it a hell of a shot. I was found wanting on the first short lap, but worked my way into 3rd, only for my hamstring to cramp up on the 2nd lap on the way up the woods, leaving me to finish 5th. It's been a hell of a long season and I think this is merely down to fatigue rather than anything. So, Pinder, Mr Edward, Sinclair, Cairns and then myself was the order of proceedings. I felt excellent up until the point of hamstring destruction and was knocking on the door for 2nd.
This brings an end to the season which has lasted about 7 months (!). I'm delighted it's over and I can now have a well earned break before coming back for the fells!

No comments:

Post a Comment