My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Friday 12 March 2010

Super Six

Today I intended on having another day where I completed two sessions. I had planned to do the steady half an hour this morning in a free period but new strict regulations by teachers means these can now only be used for work purposes. Surely 'free' suggests they are available for any activities you want to do, within reason of course. It's like being in a Prison!
Anyway, after this disappointment, I set my heart on a hill rep session to be done at home after School. I felt bored of speed work which has already been done on two occasions this week. A hill rep session was therfore genuinley sensible and completley acceptable in the grand scheme of things.
The rep session took place on the hill in the photo. I set out with the intention of doing 6 miles worth to help me on the way to a 30 mile week. The planned 6 miles would see the 1/2 hour run tomorrow morning see me reach this milestone.
Of the 6 miles , at least 5 and a half miles were spent doing the reps! It was about 1/4 mile out to the hill and the same back so I was giving it 'death' for a hell of a long period. The hill is reasonably steep as you can see and flattens off at the top which makes you give that extra push in the final stages of each effort. I would say I did around 17 reps and possibly more (I lost count I was so knackered!). I timed the 10th effort at 50 seconds and the last at 50 seconds so I was very pleased with this consistency. I felt back at my best today after feeling a little jaded earlier in the week in the speed sessions. The legs were well and truly recovered and I got some arm action going which really propelled me up the hill; A great session! Tomorrow I will get the steady 1/2 hour run in which I longed for this morning, and that should complete a very good week mileage wise.
P.S. A.S. Levels came out yesterday giving me two A's (Biology/Chemistry) and a B (English Lit). I was very disappointed with the B as I felt I had done more than enough to deserve and A so I will be going down the route of a resit or possibly a remark. Town play Norwich tomorrow (currently top of the league) which could prove to be a huge turning point in our season!

No comments:

Post a Comment