My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Saturday 13 March 2010

Mission Accomplished

Having done all the hard sessions for the week, all I had to do was to complete a steady 1/2 hour run to see me hit the 30 mile mark for the week. Easy. Well, not so easy with hindsight, particularly with a killer of a session last night still well and truly embedded in the muscles. Instead, it was a rather painful 1/2 hour run this morning for more than one reason. Obviously my legs felt very tired still from last night, but I also only gave my Breakfast an hour to settle and so felt sick and later ended up with a stitch. Not good at all but I only have myself to blame and I sort of knew, as I left the house at 9.30am, that the Breakfast may come back with a vengeance. This sort of thing, I wouldn't repeat of course, in the build up to a race.
So the run wasn't much of a success and I couldn't follow up on last night's positive performance to finish the week on a high. To be honest, I felt like I have had a hard week of training; jaded, achey and generally not enjoying the run (ie looking at the watch in hope that it may be over soon!). I am not concerned at all though as this week hasn't been for the benefit of feeling great on a steady 1/2 hour run on Saturday morning, but rather for the English Schools XC Champs at Heaton Park next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment