My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Tuesday 23 March 2010

It's good to be back.

Yesterday's post: I manned up for a proper training session. I haven't had a good session for a week now so tonight I really went for it, even though I have School Cross Country on Wednesday. There is still a couple of days 'till then and if my body isn't strong enough to get it out of its system then there's a big problem.
So it was 6 x 3 minutes with 1 minute 30 recovery. I really wanted to hit a hard session out to really get rid of all the anger left from the weekend. This was certainly the session to release all that anger and agression. I actually got angry at the session itself and really went for it. When I started to breath more heavily, or my legs tightened I pushed harder. I pushed my body and mind beyond its limits. The results were good though!
I have done this session before and the maximum distance over the 6 efforts is 0.47 miles! Today I hit 0.51 miles over 3 minutes and got above 0.47 miles every time. This was a good return for all the effort I put in and shows improvement on the last time I did this session, which is like a triangular lap, so up a hill, down a hill and along the flat base and it's as many as possible in 3 minutes.
A good way to bounce back and I've proven to myself that I continue to improve, but the real response needs to be produced on Wednesday at School Cross Country where I can really show people what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment