My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Wednesday 24 March 2010

End of season reflections.

It's been a hell of a season. Boy O Boy it has. It seems a lifetime ago since I set out in early September for the annual M.G.S Relays. It has been a very long season which has had plenty of highs and lows. The lows feel really low but it's worth putting up with them to feel on top of the world when your in good form.
My finest hours have definitley been Northern Schools (7th), North Yorkshire Schools (7th) and English Schools Fell Champs (10th). The lows certainly stand out, but English Schools itself dwarfs any other slight disappointments I have encountered along the way.
Well, what a journey. I've loved every minute of it through the good times and the bad. I'm ready for a rest though and I feel like I have earnt it. I'll have a few weeks off from running, just visiting the Gym before coming back, hopefully stronger and with a little more power, with a vengeance and some fire in my belly for the fell season.
It's also time to say goodbye to my spikes which have served me well this season but will sadly be replaced by some new shiny ones when I set out in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment