My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Sunday 21 March 2010

Sunday Blues

I'm still reflecting on a really disappointing day yesterday. I felt like I let the team and North Yorkshire as a whole down as well as Mum and Dad who came all the way to watch. On the other hand, I was simply very unlucky and had things gone my way, in terms of not having had a cold in the build up and having not been tripped in the race twice (!), the complexion may have been completley different. I could have been feeling proud today with a really good performance behind me which saw me beat many of my fellow rivals. Instead I have a load of muddy clothes/shoes, some cuts on my knees and a big fat DNF. Still, time to put that behind me now and look towards School Cross Country on Wednesday which is the last race of the season (thank god!).
Today I did a weights session and a bike ride. Nothing too spectactular, just around 45 minutes on the weights and an hour on the road bike, but felt good in both. I will go out tomorrow for a run of some sort (maybe a hard session) as I haven't run properly now since last Sunday when I had that superb run over the 8 mile long run. Boy that seems a long time ago. This time last week I was really up for the English Schools race itself after such a good training session and thought I was in the form of my life. How quickly things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment