My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Thursday 4 March 2010

What a difference some sunshine makes.

Well, nothing major to report today other than 15 minutes of Strides and Jogging, as well as the beginning of the Carbo Loading for the weekend's races.
Saturday is Northern Schools at Stockport. I have run this race every year bar one and so know the course well. There is one very tough climb (which we will go up twice!), some nice downhill running in some woods and a bit of flat running over sports pitches so it's a great venue for these Championships. I normally run well here due to the undulating nature of the course and therefore my history of results look pretty good:
Year 7: 55th place
Year 8: 13th Place
Year 9: 5th Place
Year 10: Did not run
Year 11: 11th Place
Year 12: ???
We shall see how it goes on Saturday. I intend on running on Sunday (if the legs are ok) at the Cautley Spout in Kendal Winter League series. Cautley Spout is one of my favourite races and I had a bad'un there last year, so I certainly have unfinished business in this area of the Howgill Fells.
I'm thoroughly looking forward to the weekend anyway. Let's hope this anticipation can be turned into some good results!

No comments:

Post a Comment