My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Sunday 21 March 2010

Could things have gone any worse?

It was a great weekend with the North Yorkshire team. I met some great people and there was some great banter. I had almost forgotten about the race on Friday night after a trip to the Trafford Centre. Still, the race had to be done and it wasn't good at all. I still felt a little under the weather having had the virus this week but I didn't want to miss a race as big as this. It was obviously going to be tough enough, but being involved in a 10 man pile up on the first bend made matters really bad. Still I got up, brushed myself down and ran on. I pulled a few runners back who had forged their way in front of me, but my legs did feel really dead and the going was ridiculously muddy! Being tripped again was the final straw and this time I'd had enough, and so called it a day. I couldn't believe the bad luck I'd had. Never mind. Always next year!
Today I am going for a bike ride with Dad and I am also going to do some weights in a bid to try and bulk up over the Summer for next season. All the lads at the front yesterday were massive and the strength is definitley something to work on. On Wednesday, we have School Cross Country which I don't really want to do but I hope to put the weekend behind me and finish the season in style. I may then have a nice easy few weeks where gym work is the main emphasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment