My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Monday 26 April 2010

'Speed is a wonderful thing which kills any endurance athlete who doesn't have it.'

Today was the Fartlek session on the top School field yet again. I had a mate this time though which made the session a little less boring and also made me push myself much harder. Eddy is training for triathlon and has improved rapidly over the last few years on the cross country circuit to become a good, consisent performer. Although I have the edge over longer distances, he is bigger than I am and therefore ain't a bad sprinter. Consequently, I knew he would be a tough nut to crack, but feeling in good shape, I felt as though as was capable of taking control of the efforts, even if this meant being exposed to the full force of the wind.
As planned, I dictated the pace early and kept the burners on and won every effort, particularly the longer ones in which I opened up a nice lead. I felt good, even going into the headwind, running with a good style. 6 more miles in the piggy bank for the week and 22 so far. Rest day tomorrow and things are looking good. I feel stronger this week than I did last week and I hope things will keep progressing as they are so I hit BOFRA with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment