My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Wednesday 21 April 2010

Getting faster with some Fartlek!

Yep, it's that time of the week for some Fartlek! Everybody loves a bit of Fartlek as the efforts are so random and you don't feel as if you are staying to a structured session, unlike timed intervals or those over set distances. Wednesday is my day for Fartlek as we have 6th form games and I therefore have the whole of the school fields to myself.
The plan today was for a nice steady warm up of around 0.5 miles, before hitting out some fast bursts, ranging in distance from 100-400m. It was a fairly good session in beautiful weather. It was simply me and the sun, as well as the volcanic ash dust of course. My knees however felt a little stiff in the first half of efforts, as did my calfs from the efforts on the road on Monday. I may have to contemplate wearing the Grid Tangents (see Kit Cupboard) instead of the F-Lites, as they have more support and cushioning and my legs, which will have got softer over the long rest, may benefit from more support for a while. Anyway, after the slow start, the session got going. The only time I have for you is the last rep, which was between 350 and 400m, and this was completed in 56 seconds, so I'm pretty pleased with that.
Tomorrow I may slip the '4 blocks of 10 minutes session' in depending on how I feel. Doing it tomorrow would give me a nice rest day on Friday, before a big weekend's training. Either way, I feel pretty happy with the way things are going at the moment. All I need now is progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment