My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Sunday 11 April 2010

The boys are back in Town!

Well it's been 18 days since I last ran and I have to say, I've really enjoyed the rest. It's a good feeling to know that you don't have to worry about the next training session and what it's going to entail. It's come to the point now though where I'm really raring to go and almost bored with not being able to train. So much to the extent that I'm going to start training again tomorrow, rather than Wednesday.
I'm not expecting great things after the longish lay off I've had but a good testing first session will certainly show me where I'm at. I'm not going to bother giving myself an 'easing in' or gentle first week; I'm getting straight into the nitty gritty stuff and get into the shape I want to be in. Using the 'non racing phase schedule' as you will see below, Monday holds a 12 x 150 m on hills with a run there and back as warm up and warm down. What a good place to start eh?! It's gonna be a tough'un but I'm ready for it! I haven't decided which hill I'm going to use yet but there's enough to choose from round here.
I'll report back tomorrow with the positives and negatives of the first official session of the fell season.

No comments:

Post a Comment