My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Sunday 18 April 2010

Dreaming of Switzerland!

It may seem a long time away, but on 8th August there is a 19km Junior Mountain Race at the very popular Sierre Zinal race in Switzerland, which is part of the Skyrunner series, at 31km for the full distance. A few Wharfedalers will be going out again and I am contemplating saving some cash and going out for the Junior Race, which would be the greatest experience of my life. I'm waiting to find out costs etc to see whether it's feesable, so at the moment it's just a dream! I also feel as though I could do well, despite running against people a few years older, as an Englishman who, isn't our best runner by any means, finished 5th last year just 9 minutes off the win. So at 19km (12.5 miles), the course reaches an altitude of 2000m (6000'). This is a hell of a climb, considering you only set off from 555m (1700'). The equivalent of the climb at Ben Nevis in a Junior Race? That's unheard of over here, but what a great opportunity this is. I really hope I can pull it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment