My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Saturday 23 January 2010

Carnage at the Northern XC Champs

The intention of the weekend was to go and have a run at Stanbury tomorrow. A phone call at the 11th hour last night changed everything. Skipton were short of a body at the Northerns held in Blackburn so I stepped in, running for Joel Griffifth! I was pretty unsure as to how I'd run, particularly after a hard session on Thursday still in my legs. I ran very well, coming through on the second lap to finish 53rd in a very competitive field of 130 (+ however many dropped out.) All this before a certain someone reported me running for the wrong club meaning I was disqualified. A certain someone from the club which failed to enter me! Still not a bad result (before DQ) considering I could have prepared much better. Below are results of the team who finished 8th before I was disqualified. Recovery run tomorrow!

10 173 B Pinder Skipton AC 21:28
53 172 W Marshall Skipton AC 22:55
56 174 A Sinclair Skipton AC 22:57
76 170 W Crisp Skipton AC 24:05

No comments:

Post a Comment