My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Friday 19 February 2010

If Sunday wasn't hard enough...

I have been away in Edinburgh for a couple of nights and therefore haven't been able to report back on training. This is therefore a post for Tuesday:
Having had an excellent session on Sunday I decided to go back to the flat playing fields for another hard one today. Reading 'Off Road Running' from front to back in the past week, I decided to give another of the suggested sessions ago - a session which would target my speed.
The session consisted of: 5 x 600m;400m;200m all with 200m recovery in between. I knew this was going to be tough merely by looking at the distances and recovery times. This is a good example of speed endurance training (running hard and little rest time).
Onto the session itself. To be honest I felt tired from Sunday and also ran the first 600m far too fast. It did hurt however which can only be a good thing, surely! My times were a little disappointing on first viewing but then considering the state of the field (muddy and wet, more so than Sunday) and how tired I felt, I can't complain too much.
So the 600m:1:56, 2:05, 2:02, 2:02, 2:01
400m:1:19, 1:20, 1:21, 1:22, 1:17
200m:0:38, 0:36, 0:36, 0:36, 0:36
Not very quick but good consistency I suppose and it is fairly clear I ran the first 600 much too fast but we live and learn I suppose! Tomorrow we are going to Glentress (a forest in Scotland) where I will run the 'Tower Trail'; a tough yet fast course with lots of good climbing. I would rather not run tomorrow after today but the opportunity to run there is too great to miss. After all it has to be my favourite training course.

P.S. Went to Carlisle tonight; won 2-1 great result!

No comments:

Post a Comment