My philosophy...

'The road to success is a painful journey through the Wilderness with various obstacles man has to overcome. The journey has its ups and downs, its highs and lows, but man will rise victorious eventually. The human body is designed to deal with everything you throw at it; never give up fighting and you will never lose the fight.'



Monday 22 February 2010

Feel the Burn!!!

Today, as scheduled, I did a strength session to try and improve, unsurprisingly core strength. Core strength is supposed to be very useful particularly when climbing in a fell race and pushing up off your knees whilst race walking. Race walking isn't my strong point and I prefer to run but this can waste energy so it is definitley worth having a go at working on the walking by building the strength.
The session consisted of 12 excercises, 45 seconds on each with no rest between. I did 3 sets of the 12 with 5 minutes in between each set. The excercises were:
1. Sit Ups
2. Press Ups
3. Squat Thrusts
4. Back Raises
5. Upright Rowing with weights
6. Step Ups
7. Half Sit Ups with twist
8. Side Raises with weights
9. Wall Sits
10. Rowing Sit Ups
11. Dumbell curls with weights
12. Burpees
Obviously it will take time for this sort of session's effects to kick in but my arms feel a little wobbly tonight which is generally a good sign, showing I have worked hard and after a couple of days they should recover, coming back stronger than before. The press ups were very tough as I normally have a limit of around 30 and with the time being 45 seconds, I had to do more which was, well a bastard! This was just before going into the squat thrusts which were even harder! A good workout though and I will be back running tomorrow, possibly before School for a steady 3 miles as Town are away at Tranmere and that will be the evening taken up. Big game!

No comments:

Post a Comment